In decades past, the trend was to go all in by decorating your nursery with the gender in mind. But that is no longer the case. These days, the trend in nursery design has moved toward more gender-neutral spaces. According to Pinterest, the gender-neutral nursery is one of the top trends. Pinterest reports that unisex nursery pins spiked by 230% in 2016, with Pinners between the ages of 25 and 34 leading the way. Gender neutral nurseries seem like the holy grail of baby rooms for parents who do not know what they are expecting. Also, if you plan on having more than one child, it makes sense to invest in neutral items that can be reused for baby #2, #3, and so forth. And for those who are on a budget gender neutral nurseries make sense too!
Here are nine are gender-neutral nursery designs, as well as some tips and ideas you can use for your baby’s room.
Grey with yellow
Yellow works beautifully as a gender-neutral shade and by combining it with gray it will give you a fresh, modern look. The great thing about gray is that it’s so versatile; it can be paired with almost any color palette. Bright hues look especially beautiful against a light or medium gray. Just be careful that you don’t have too much yellow since it can evoke feelings of anger and frustration, resulting in fussy, over-stimulated babies
You can easily upgrade your wall using wall decals. This is great option for new moms & dads and will save you tons of time compared to painting your walls or applying wallpaper. Design your dream baby nursery with these gorgeous removable, waterproof, and durablewall decals from Bubzi Co. Why you’ll love them:
- Fun and Educational. Put up an interesting picture on your wall.
- Decorate without paint. Create a burst of colors without re-painting walls, with adorable prints; they will surely liven up any room.
- Easy to install and reposition. Adheres well, removable and can be repositioned without damaging your wall. Ideal for rented spaces.
- Environmentally friendly. Made of environmentally friendly PVC, non-toxic.
Photo credit: HGTV
Using wood elements in a nursery is the perfect way to bring in some warmth or rustic vibes. Creating a wood wall is a fun option; however, you can easily achieve the same look by using wood furniture or decor.
Capture their cute little hands and feet forever. Use as a nursery display or as a keepsake!
Loved by thousands of new moms around the world! Ouroriginal DIY kit includes:
- Two packages of soft, non-toxic, air-drying clay
- White wooden frame which holds two pictures plus the clay impression
- Rolling pin
- Double-sided tape
- Decoration beads
Our baby keepsake DIY project allows you to lovingly capture the essence of your precious baby by making impressions of his or her little hands and feet. With the addition of two photographs, it's a memento to cherish forever that your child will even appreciate as an adult someday.
Photo credit: Domino
Using a dark paint color in a nursery is not necessarily traditional; however, it’s a great way to bring a modern, gender-neutral feel to your space. Much like gray, darker colors serve as a beautiful backdrop for spaces that you want to feature additional pops of color in. And art looks especially fab against a darker wall.
Photo credit: Popsugar
Painting or wallpapering your ceiling is another great option for a nursery when you want to really up your design game. Here, a simple white palette on the walls pairs perfectly with patterned wallpaper on the ceiling. It feels both unexpected and super modern.
Having a soft rug underfoot is a great addition to a well-planned nursery. Support your child's motor skills development and liven up your nursery with these adorable crawl rugs. These fluffyKnitted Animal Baby Mat from Bubzi Co. will surely brighten any room. The material is so soft and ideal for any newborn or toddler to play or sleep on.
Baby crib mobiles play an essential role in a child's nursery. It’s also a simple way for baby to learn to entertain himself. Make sure you hang it at least twelve inches away from your baby because babies are not able to see objects when they are placed directly in front of them. For safety reason, your baby may try to reach for themobile and if it is not attached to the crib tightly enough, it may fall down and hit her in the face. Decorate your baby nursery with this soft anddreamy moon & stars crib mobile. Why you’ll love it:
- Easy to install - Just hang on the wall or above the crib
- Promotes motor skill development - Infant mobiles can help develop a baby’s motor skills. When the baby becomes excited enough by a mobile, they are likely to want to follow it with their eyes and hands
- Visual stimulation - One of the main purposes of infant mobiles is to provide the baby with visual stimulation
- Educational - Moms can use the mobile as an instructional device to teach the baby new words and shapes.
- Soft crescent Moon pillow component, choose pink, white or mint green
- Fabric gold or silver stars
Organizing the nursery can be tricky but fortunately, there are plenty of ways to keep baby's things organized without sacrificing style. These canvas nursery storage baskets are a multi-functional organizer for baby's clothes, accessories, throws, blankies, laundry, toys and other home use. Large capacity for storing all kinds of clutter to keep the room tidy and clean.
- Large size - Stands at 19.6 x 11.8 inches (45 x 30 cm), it sure can hold a lot of stuff!
- Easy storage - It is lightweight and portable. Can be easily used for storing, sorting and carrying objects. It is also collapsible and self standing.
- Organize clutter - It provides huge space and portable solutions for many storage needs. It serves as a multi-function bag to store items, save space and decorate the room.
- Portable and lightweight
- Sturdy handles for carrying around the house
As you can see you don’t need to decorate in pink or blue to have a gorgeous nursery! Plus, with a neutral palette, not only will it help you stay on a budget but your space will last a lot longer without your child growing out of it. Since you're keeping the colors neutral, make sure to fill the space with tons of textures like; fur, wool, linen etc. to really give your baby's nursery a warm, comforting vibe. Don’t forget to check out our newest collection ofnursery decor for boys and girls!